Thursday, January 21, 2010

We left Zapada this morning but will think of the little town and the small spanish branch I attended last Sunday I, a converted house and not even a steppel on it. I got there at 10am and there were only 2 other people there. they were waiting for speakers from Larado. By 10:20 they started and it had filled up. The Branch Pres. announced in English for me and in Spanish. One Elder played the piano the other one led the music. I sang in English while the rest sang in Spanish. I couldn't understand the talks but it was quite nice. I was not going to stay for Sunday School or Relief Society but a sister said there would be someone to interpret for me. So I stayed for RR. They did not even have SS. Everyone was very friendly and I really enjoyed being there and glad I went. Monday was a beautiful day so we all played golf. It is only a 9 whole that you play twice. Not a bad little course. (I played really well) the guys went fishing Tuesday, still no fish. The lake is very big and beautiful though. Wednesday they had a golf tournament so we went. They team Ronnie was on and team Carol was on both came in a tie for 1st place. We made the missionaries dinner and took it to them by 5:00, (didn't think they get many da's there) got up this morning and left. We made it to a town called Donna. Lots of RV places but only a few had space available. We have decided to only stay for the night and head down to Brownsville in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment